GEORGE CABLE was born in New Jersey around 1866, the son of Frederick and Lizzie Cable. 

The 1878-1879 and 1878-1879 Camden City Directories shows the Cable family at 530 North Front Street. George Cable had gone to work by 1879 as a spinner in one of Camden's textile mills. The 1880 Census shows the Cable family, which included younger sisters Lizzie and Amelia, were living at 538 French's Court, a short street that was in the 400 block of Sycamore Street. The family moved back to 530 North Front Street by the middle of 1882.

George Cable is listed in the 1884-1885 and 1885 City Directories at 538 North Front Street. The 1887-1888 Directory shows him living at 5 England Place. George Cable was worked as an extra man with the Engine Company 2 of the Camden Fire Department in 1887. When the 1888-1889 Camden City Directory was compiled, George Cable had been appointed to the Camden Police Department. He was then living at 523 North Front Street. The 1890-1891 and 1891-1892 City Directories indicate that George Cable was living at 108 Birch Street. The 1892-1893 Directory shows George Cable had moved to 609 North Front Street,

George Cable passed away on October 18, 1922.    

Philadelphia Inquirer - June 21, 1888
Joseph J. Hubb - George Cable


Philadelphia Inquirer
August 9, 1889


George Cable
Beideman's Station
David Baird Sr.
Judge Hugg
Jesse Pratt

Philadelphia Inquirer
February 26, 1890

Market Street
George Cable
Harry Hugson


Philadelphia Inquirer
June 9, 1890

Front Street
Market Street
George Cable
Lillie Miller
Mrs. Frank O'Neil
Frank Humphreys


Philadelphia Inquirer
June 10, 1891


Cassie Humphreys - Morris & Mathis' Shipyard - Thomas Holland - George Cabe
Mrs. Msrgaret Kohlmeirer - Beach Street - Vine Street Ferry - Charles Simkins - 

Philadelphia Inquirer - July 21, 1891