CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY
1701 Ferry Avenue
Taking its name for its shape, the Triangle dates back to at least 1887, when Joseph H. Walz operated a saloon there. Re-opened after the repeal of Prohibition in 1933, John J. Flacco was the proprietor when the 1947 City Directory was published. The bar then was known as the Triangle Cafe.
The Triangle was a popular neighborhood bar, in a neighborhood that had a lot of bars. It was a favorite of Harry Huntley, a native of Liverpool, England who moved to Camden in the 1920s. Accustomed to visiting a pub for lunch & for socializing, Harry would walk to the Triangle from his nearby home at 409 Webster Street, and was a regular until he passed away in 1951.
During the 1950s, the name was changed to Triangle Tavern, and it operated as such, under different ownerships, into the 1990s. Richard Allgeier and family operated the bar in the mid 1960s. The building stands vacant in 2003.
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE