CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY
938 North 3rd Street
Southeast Corner of North 3rd and York Streets
938 North 3rd Street has housed a bar since at least 1908, when John L. Lynch was the proprietor. John L. Lynch was listed as the proprietor through 1940, according to the City Directories. In 1943 a Russell Utter was listed as the proprietor. He appears to have been a manager, however, as the 1947 Directory shows John Lynch's widow, Mary Lynch as the owner. The bar remained under the Lynch's Cafe name through at least 1966.
While the bar stopped appearing in New Jersey Bell Telephone Directories as early as 1970, it remained in business at least into the late 1990s when it was known as the R&R Bar. Recognizing that the neighborhood has a large Hispanic population, the sign advertises package goods, N.J> Lottery tickets, and cerveza fria- cold beer.
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE