CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY
MINDY'S RESTAURANT & BAR
340 Federal Street
This bar was licensed after Prohibition was repealed in 1933 to Edward Markowitz. The club came to the attention of the police in May of 1934 when an 18 year-old woman claimed that she was sold beer there. The bar was still operating as the Wall Street Club as late as November of 1936.
By 1947 Edward Markowitz had renamed the establishment Mindy's Restaurant & Bar. Mindy's remained opened through 1967. In June of that year Gertrude Markowitz filed the papers for a liquor license renewal. The entire south side of the 300 block of Federal Street was razed in the early 1970s, and the Camden County Jail was erected on the site.
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE