CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY
1501 Mount Ephraim Avenue
Louis Malinowski had been operating a bar at 1251 Mechanic Street, when, in the mid-1940s he acquired the property at 1501 Mount Ephraim Avenue. The bar was known as Malin's Cafe. He first appears in the Camden City Directories at that address in 1947. Louis and Hedwig Malinowski lived above the bar, which they operated until his death in February of 1959.
The bar at 1501 Mount Ephraim Avenue was eventually sold and by the mid 1960s was known as Spooly's Cafe. The bar changed hands once again in the late 1970s, and has been known as Schemenski's Tavern since about 1977.
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE