GEORGE MORGAN was born in Pennsylvania in October of 1849 to George and Eliza Morgan. His father worked as a silver plater, George Morgan would follow him into this trade. The Morgans came to Camden in the early 1850s, shortly after George Morgan was born, and children Edwin, Charles, Henry, Emma, and Laura came in the years prior to the 1860 Census. George Morgan was the nephew of John Morgan, Mayor of Camden in 1876-1877.

George Reeser Prowell published the following in 1886 about the silver platers in business in Camden in his HISTORY OF CAMDEN COUNTY, NEW JERSEY:

Silver Platers- The carriage factories gave employment to many silver-platers, some working for the manufacturers and others carrying on business for themselves, and giving employment to others. Gordon states that there was a gold and silver-plater here in 1835, but the first establishment of which there is authentic record was that of Gibson & Morgan Henry Gibson and John Morgan the latter mayor in 1876-77. Their works, started in 1841, were over the wagon-sheds built by Jacob Ridgway, in 1832, at Second and Arch. Gibson left the firm, and in 1845 Morgan removed the factory to a stable, fitted up for the purpose, on the rear end of a lot on Fourth Street, above Market, afterwards erecting a large brick building on the line of Fourth Street, since converted into dwellings. 

Among his workmen were his brother, George Morgan, now in the business at 52 North Second; Edward Fitzer, now in the same trade in Philadelphia; George Welden, Charles Newmayer and others. The work was for volantes, used in Cuba, and the trade was exclusively with that island. As the correspondence was in Spanish, Newmayer, who from journeyman became manager and then partner, learned the language, to avoid the need of an interpreter. The firm employed as many as thirty at one time, and the employees testify that there was never a murmur about wages, even the apprentices receiving full pay for overwork, and the payments were not only prompt, but made in the best currency. The Rebellion (The Civil War -PMC) put a stop to the trade, and the firm, dividing a competency, dissolved. 

Edward Fitzer and George Morgan joined in business in the "fifties," with their establishment on Market Street, the site of Heibst's Hotel, but in a few years separated.

The 1870 Census shows that George Morgan was single and living with his parents and siblings in Camden's North Ward. He was working as a silver plater, for his father, at the time of the census. 

On April 20, 1872 George Morgan was appointed to the Camden Fire Department, as an extra man with the Hook and Ladder Company, known in modern times as Ladder Company 1, replacing James Cassidy, who had resigned. David B. Sparks was appointed to the same unit that same day, replacing William C. Lee, who had also resigned. George Morgan appears to have resigned on September 8, 1872 and did not return to service with the Camden Fire Department. George Morgan was working as a silver plater, and was living at 106 North 2nd Street during his time with the department.

George Morgan married around 1876. The 1880 Census shows George and Elizabeth Morgan, with no children, living at 124 Arch Street. He was still working as a silver plater. In December of 1882 a son, Charles A. Morgan, was born.

On May 20, 1897 George Morgan's father passed away. He had been living at 52 North 2nd Street.

The 1900 Census shows George H. Morgan and family at 728 Carman Street. He was by then working as a machinist. The Morgan's do not appear in the 1910 Census, but are listed in the 1910 City Directory at 626 Vine Street, and in the 1914 City Directory at 336 Friends Avenue. He was still working as a machinist in 1914.