GEORGE FROST was the son of Andrew and Christiana Frost, both of whom were born in what is now Germany. The family name was originally Fraust, and his parents and siblings went by that name into the 1870s. Not long after the birth of George Frost's older brother Henry in 1839 his parents came to the United States with with him and his older brother William. They first settled in Pennsylvania, where a thirds son, Charles Frost, was born around 1843. Two more sons came to the Frost family, Frederick in 1848 and Lewis in 1852, before the family came to New Jersey, where, in May of 1853, George Frost, was born. When the 1860 Census was taken, the Frost family lived in Camden's South Ward, and another son, Franklin, had recently been born, and Edward would come in May of 1863. Andrew Frost worked as a tailor to support his family. The three oldest sons were working at the time of the 1860 Census. Henry Frost, then 21, was working as a blacksmith, brother William sold cigars, and brother Charles, then 17, was an apprentice at a coach works. 

George Frost was living with his parents and brothers Lewis, Frank, and Edward when the census was taken in 1870. He and Lewis were working as iron moulders.

Older brother Henry Frost was appointed to the Camden Fire Department as a replacement for J. Kelly Brown, who had resigned from service as an extra man with Engine Company 2, on October 9, 1872. Henry Frost was a blacksmith by trade. He was living at 112 Taylor Avenue during his time in service with the Camden Fire Department. Henry Frost was dismissed from his position on July 15, 1873 along with Bernard Dennis and Thomas Grapevine. This ended his involvement with the Camden Fire Department.

On April 8, 1877 George Frost was appointed to the Camden Fire Department to serve as an extra man with Engine Company 2, replacing Robert Todd. He had been working as a laborer and was making his home at 509 Division Street when initially appointed. Shortly after being reappointed in April of 1879, George Frost moved to 517 Division Street.

The 1880 Census lists George and Margaret "Maggie" Schmitt Frost at 517 Division Street with their two sons, Lewis, 2, and Frank Frost, 1. The family was back at 509 Division Street in 1881, then moved to 1026 Broadway, where they remained through at least 1885. A daughter, Elizabeth would be born in 1884. As he was an extra man with the Fire Department, George Frost listed his occupation as oilcloth printer. George Frost served with the Fire Department until April of 1882, when he was not re-appointed. He spent most of his remaining working days working in the oil cloth industry, for the Farr & Bailey Manufacturing Company.

By the spring of 1885 George Frost and family had moved to 1026 Broadway. The 1900 Census states that the Frost family lived at 1020 Broadway, and that George Frost was working as a color mixer at an oil cloth factory. He was still at 1020 Broadway when the 1906 Camden City Directory was compiled. Shortly afterwards, he moved to Westmont, New Jersey.

George Frost died suddenly, on June 15, 1909 and was buried at Harleigh Cemetery. His older brother Charles had also died unexpectedly in 1904. 

George Frost had been involved in at least two fraternal organizations, one being Ottawa Tribe No. 15 of the Improved Order of Red Men, the other being Washington Circle No. 2, Brotherhood of the Union. He and his family had been members of Ss. Peter & Paul Catholic Church on Spruce Street in Camden.

As stated above, George Frost's brother, Henry Frost, had served as a member of the Camden Fire Department in the early 1870s. Brother-in-law William Turner was a Camden Fire department member for two years in the early 1880s. George Frost's son Frank Frost served as a member of the Camden Police Department in the 1910s. George Frost's other son, Lewis Frost, was well known in Camden at the turn of the century as a member of the Century Wheelmen athletic club. George Frost's nephew, George W. Frost, the son of his older brother Frederick Frost, had a long career with the Camden Police Department, retiring as Chief of Police in the late 1940s. George Frost's older brother, Charles A. Frost, was a successful businessman and a co-founder of what was generally known as Jenning's Sixth Regiment Band.

Philadelphia Inquirer - June 20, 1909
George Frost - Improved Order of Red Men
Washington Circle No. 2, Brotherhood of the Union
Farr & Bailey Manufacturing Company