FRANK MROCZKOWSKI operated the Morton Cafe at Morton and Norris Streets in Camden NJ for many years.

Frank Mroczkowski was the second of six children born to Andrew and Frances Mroczkowki, both of whom were born in Poland. Born in New Jersey in 1903, his teen years were spent at 1163 Rose Street. By the time he was 16 he had gone to work, and at the time of the 1920 Census was employed as a riveter with older brother Joseph at a shipyard. His father was then working at a foundry in Camden, most likely Camden Forge.

Frank Mroczkowski still resided with his parents and younger siblings at the time of the 1930 Census. Frank Mroczkowski's family then lived at 1297 Everett Street, a short walk from the bar he would come to own. At that point Frank Mrozckowski was working as a finisher at a lumber yard, his father as a railroad repairman, and siblings Clara and Stanley were employed in the Camden's cigar and leather industries respectively. Younger brothers Bernard and Casimir were still at home in that year.   

The 1940 Camden City Directory records only Frank Mroczkowski as the proprietor of the Morton Cafe. William Zawojoski had moved to 1900 Fillmore Street where he operated a bar for a few years. William Zawojski later moved to Pleasantville NJ and passed away in 1975.    

Frank Mroczkowski  and the Morton Cafe were listed in the 1947 Camden City Directory, and he was listed at 1299 Morton Street in the New Jersey Bell Telephone directories as late as 1970. Frank Mroczkowski passed away in June of 1972 at the age of 69..